Our promise to you
North Georgia Veterinary Specialists was founded on a simple philosophy:
To give pet owners 24/7 access to the most advanced treatments for their pets, at an affordable price, and to treat the veterinarians who refer pets to us as valued partners.
It’s an approach that consistently delivers:
- Peace of mind for pet owners
- The best possible health and quality of life for pets
- The highest level of service and support to primary care veterinarians
North Georgia Veterinary Specialists was founded in 2009 by two highly trained veterinary specialists, Abimbola Oshin, DVM, MS, MBA MRCVS, DACVS, DECVS and Keith Curcio, DVM, DACVS. Before NGVS, there were no specialty practices in this area.
Both men are intensely committed to providing the most advanced, compassionate care to companion animals. Together, they have built a respected team of veterinary specialists, emergency veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and support staff who are equally passionate about pets and providing exceptional service, earning the trust of an ever-growing number of loyal clients and referring veterinarians.
The NGVS difference
Not all veterinary specialty practices are created equal. Here’s what sets NGVS apart:
- We’re the only American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)-accredited referral practice for multiple specialties in the region – testament to the high-quality care and exceptional service we deliver
- Our emergency doctors are backed by board-certified specialists and residency trained and experienced veterinarians 24/7
- We have well-trained and competent support staff
- We’re never too busy to talk to a pet owner client or referring veterinarian, and you can make an appointment or get a question answered any time, day or night
- We have state-of-the-art facilities and equipment for surgeries, including total hip replacements, minimally invasive procedures, and much more
- All surgical procedures, even after-hours, are performed by board-certified veterinary surgeons or residency trained veterinarians who are highly skilled in the procedure
- We have the most advanced diagnostic imaging available including digital radiography and ultrasonography, multislice CT scan, and digital fluoroscopy
- We’re home to the only private practice board-certified specialist in anesthesia in the entire state
- We have a full-service, in-house physical rehabilitation department as part of our standard of care, to help pets regain optimal function after an illness or injury, and ensure they and their owners are supported throughout the entire recovery process – one of only two such practices in the entire region