When surgery is needed, you can feel confident that your pet is in excellent hands at NGVS. Our board-certified veterinary surgery team has a wide range of experience that translates into consistently excellent outcomes for our patients.
- We have the latest equipment and use minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate, which results in smaller incisions, less blood loss and a faster recovery for your pet
- Our advanced on-site diagnostic imaging capabilities ensure the most accurate pre-surgical planning and thorough postoperative management
- If your pet needs to stay in the hospital after surgery, know that we are staffed around the clock by expert doctors and veterinary technicians – and that you can visit any time
The surgical services NGVS provides
We offer a full range of surgical services, from the most routine procedures to some of the most complex. Importantly, these services are available on an elective (scheduled) as well as 24/7 emergency basis. Some of the major areas in which our surgeons have particular expertise are:
- Head and neck
- Hepatobiliary (liver & gallbladder)
- Oncologic (cancer)
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
- Plastic and reconstructive
- Soft tissue
- Thoracic/cardiopulmonary (heart and lung)
In addition, we use today’s most effective pain management techniques to keep your pet comfortable during and after surgery.
We keep you and your family veterinarian fully informed
We realize that having your pet undergo surgery can be stressful. That’s why:
- We’ll explain your pet’s procedure to you in advance, step by step, so you fully understand what to expect
- We’ll call or text you with a status report as soon as your pet is out of the operating room and in recovery
- You can visit with your hospitalized pet at your convenience, (we just ask that you call us first)
Because your family veterinarian is an integral part of your pet’s care team, we also keep him or her involved and informed throughout your pet’s hospitalization and recovery.
For more information about our surgery services
Simply call us at 678.835.3300.